Ok so one question I get asked frequently is "How can I apply strip lashes myself?"
All you need is a mirror, clear lighting, a pair of tweezers, your lashes, adhesive and a steady hand.
It would be better to apply your eye make-up first, eyeshadow and eyeliner (to avoid the falling dust from your eyeshadow onto the lashes).
- Firstly, remove your lashes from the box and rest them so that they are not fully stuck to the packaging.
- Place a blob of your Duo eyelash glue onto a clean palette (or the back of your hand), then using an orange wood stick, dip into the glue and line the false lashes lash line with a thin coating of glue. Less is better as too much glue will firstly look clumpy and secondly slip and slide all over the eye when you try to put them on.
- Once you have done this, wait for 15 - 30 seconds for the glue on the lashes to get tacky, don't wait too long, otherwise the glue will dry up and you will not efficiently be able to stick them on.
- If you are applying the lashes to the right eye, you will want to be holding the lashes with tweezers, in the right hand for ease of application. You do not necessarily need to hold them with tweezers but generally is easier to control.
- If you have a mirror stand, position it to be facing you from an angle where the mirror is looking up at you or you can hold a hand held mirror in the left hand and position the same way.
- Slightly tilt your head backwards so that you are looking down into the mirror to get a good stretch of the eyelid. This will give you better access to the area that you need to stick your strip lashes to.
- Place the centre of the strip lashes to the centre the skin directly above your lashes (this is the lash line), keeping the strip lash as close as possible to your lashes, but do not stick them too your actual lashes.
- You can now put your tweezers down as the strip lashes will stick by themselves, you now have more ease of sticking the rest of the lashes down. So gently press down the corners. You can tilt your head in different directions to get more of a stretch on the lid to make this easier for you.
- Repeat on the other eye remembering to change hands for ease of application.
You now have a perfect set of lashes and all that is left to do is add a bit of mascara to bond your natural lashes with the false lashes and you are good to go. The lashes will stay on all day and all night so you wont have to worry about them falling off.
To remove the lashes, just close your eyes and from the outer corner of your eye, gently peel the lash away from your skin. If you remove them correctly, they will still be in tact to re-use over and over again.
Strip lashes that I would recommend for a natural yet glamorous look are Eyelure's Naturalites range or MAC strips No.3's or No.4's
www.belladonnabeauty.co.uk Offering a range of treatments including Individual Eyelash Extensions